Create.withcode.uk is designed to allow teachers and students to write, run, debug and share python code without having to download any software or create any user accounts.
In the 8 months or so since it was launched, Create.withcode.uk has been used over 25,000 times by people learning to code, so thank you to everyone who’s been part of that adventure.
Over the last few weeks I’ve been working on some significant upgrades and bugfixes:
Here’s what’s changed:
- The code editor now works on Android devices without glitching everytime you swipe a word or press backspace.
- Responsive design: the buttons and status bar scale up or down to match the size of the screen / browser window so it’s easier to use on mobile devices.
- I’ve added a Download Current File button so that you can save a copy of any code you’re working on without sharing online.
- Crash prevention mode: Running code with an infinite loop no longer crashes the browser due to code which limits the number of lines that python will run every second in order to prevent the browser from crashing.
- Micro:bit simulator: new features (such as speech & radio) added to the micro:bit simulator to catch up with the latest micropython runtime.
- Lots of bug fixes and minor improvements.
Sorry if any of the above changes have affected anyone whilst I’ve been trying to get them working.
If you have a suggestion for how you’d like to see create.withcode.uk improved I’d love to hear from you: please leave a comment.
Click here to try out create.withcode.uk. It’s free, designed by students, for students in UK schools.