The image below was originally from AG Careers and attempts to show a variety of routes into agricultural STEM jobs.
The idea is that you start in the top left of the diagram and ask yourself lots of questions before finding out a job suggestion that you might want to consider.
The code below attempts to start turning the diagram above into a python program. It works through the questions on the left of the diagram and leaves the rest for you to follow the diagram.
- Extend the careers advice program to follow the ‘flowchart’ above
So far the python program asks the questions you see if you follow the pathways to the left on the diagram. You need to add more
- Redraw the flowchart so that it uses the correct symbols!
- Create your own careers advice program that recommends different jobs
You can ask whatever questions you like and suggest whatever jobs you think most appropriate. Do some research so that you can say what salary you’d expect to earn for each job too.
There’s loads of possible ways of approaching these challenges so they only self mark in the following ways:
- You need to use input() at least 5 times
- You need to write at least 50 lines of code (not including blank lines)
Use your imagination and creativity alongside your logical thinking skills to see what you can create.